Whip up a little taste of fall with these tasty Pumpkin Spice Cookies. The best part, you are only 30 minutes away from popping one of these delicious little treats in your mouth!
2 1/4 cups of flour
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) softened
1 3 oz package cream cheese softened
1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extra
Simple Sugar Icing Ingredients:
1 cup Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
2 1/2 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 drops yellow, 1 drop red food coloring
Use fork to mix sugar and vanilla in a bowl with a fork adding milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a sheet pan, I layer mine with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl blend softened butter and softened cream cheese until smooth consistency.
- Add confectioners sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice, mix until completely blended.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix again.
- Add the flour while mixing, a little at a time. Resulting dough will be dry but tacky. (If you want to use for roll out cookies, form into large ball and chill at least 1 hour) But if you don't want to wait...
- Roll dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten into disks.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool before adding icing or icing will melt. (I was able to get away with a 10 minute cool time but that was cutting it pretty close.)
- Add sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!